Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Strawberry Pie Filling

Alright. As promised. Here is a fantastic Fresh Strawberry Pie Filling recipe. Since strawberries have been on sale all over the place I couldn't resist making a pie. It was seriously one of the best strawberry pie recipes I had ever had. This one is definitely a keeper!
The recipe that I followed came from a blog I found on Pinterest. The blog is called The Country Cook. If her other recipes taste anything like this one I will definitely be checking out more recipes! She also has step by step photos of how she makes the filling!


1 (9") pie crust already cooked, whether it is homemade or frozen
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch
1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder
1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced or whole

1. In a medium saucepan combine the water, sugar, cornstarch, and strawberry gelatin.
2. Whisk mixture to get it well combined.
3. Whisk mixture while heating to prevent clumping and continue to whisk until you have a gentle boil.
4. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
5. While waiting for the gelatin to cool slice your strawberries and arrange in baked, cooled pie crust.
6. When cooled pour the gelatin over the strawberries and give it a little shake to fill in the spaces.
7. Chill the pie 2-3 hours before serving to help it all set up.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ To help the gelatin cool faster I did what she does and put the pan in an ice water bath to bring the temperature down faster. Whisk it a few times while doing this so that it doesn't gel up before getting it in the pie.
~ I like to cut my strawberries in my pies but I know a lot of people keep them whole. It won't make any difference at all which you decide to do.
~ If you like homemade pie crusts try out this simple and delish recipe my mother in law uses to make her fabulous pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...