Thursday, September 12, 2013
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
So aside from my love for Subway, I decided that I could have the same thing at home. Why not?! So what did I do? I jumped on my faithful Pinterest account and started looking at every Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe I could find and piled them all together to come up with this beauty.
The chicken comes out so tender and juicy because you cook it in the crockpot, and then you can make it as spicy or not as you like according to how much sauce you put on!
I personally am a bigger fan of Ranch with my buffalo wings rather then Blue Cheese, but you could do whatever you like!
4 chicken breasts
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 bottle wing sauce, I personally used Franks
1-2 TBSP hot sauce, I personally used Tapatio
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing mix
1 package good buns
Ranch of Blue Cheese Dressing
1. Cut off all the fat from your chicken (remove bones and skin if you got that kind), set aside.
2. Combine butter, garlic, wing sauce, hot sauce, and Ranch mix in the crockpot.
3. Lay chicken breasts on top and season with salt and pepper
4. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-4. (If you slice the breasts in half to make them thinner it will cook faster)
5. Shred chicken. If you want lots of sauce throw the chicken back in the sauce to cover. If you prefer it less spicy and saucy just put the chicken directly on your bun and drizzle with a little bit of sauce.
6. Top with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ If you buy the really cheap buns, and want sauce, your buns will get super soggy and not taste quite as good. I highly suggest using a good quality crunchy bun.
~ I have made these before and put some good ranch based coleslaw on top of it and it was great because it gave it a little extra crunch. I highly suggest trying it.
~ For the wing sauce and hot sauce. I personally am not a huge spice fan so I tried to go with the minimum I could. Start with a little and add more if you like it more spicy. You can always add more but you can't take it away!