Wednesday, December 19, 2012
I haven't had snickerdoodles in quite a while so I can't say if this recipe that I found online is better then the recipe I got from my mom BUT...this is a good recipe none the less. I was able to get 24 cookies out of this recipe.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with
an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and
beat until smooth.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and
cream of tartar.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for
30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the
6. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a
ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it
onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies
may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are
removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be
soft and chewy in the middle.
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I baked mine for 12 minutes and they were pretty soft when they came out. Im still not 100% sure if they were done all the way BUT they were deliciously soft and wonderful.