Wednesday, December 19, 2012
CrockPot Teriyaki Chicken
Holy easy and delicious!! Sam had been requesting that I make chicken teriyaki rice bowls for a little while now and I finally broke down and found a good recipe. Thank you Pinterest! All you do is put pretty much everything in the crockpot, set it, and....forget it. :)
Crockpot recipes are my favorite because cooking it all day in the juices really gets that flavor deep into your meat. AND you don't have to rush right before dinner to get a whole bunch of things done.
12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (GF check your brand)
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked long grain rice
1. Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickend.
6. Serve with chicken and rice.
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I ended up using chicken breasts and they tasted fantastic.
~ I did half the recipe as well, and it took just under 4 hours to cook.
~ I also topped mine with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds
~For gluten free please make sure that you are double checking your soy sauce labels. Some brands have it in there.