Saturday, September 15, 2012

Teriyaki Salmon with Hot sauce


I came across this recipe while on Pinterest the other day and it looked amazing. I know I already have a lot of Salmon recipes but can you really have to many? I think not. The homemade teriyaki sauce is fantastic in itself, but add in the hot sauce you put on the top and it takes the Salmon to a whole new level. The sauce reminds me of the Sumo Sauce at the Happy Sumo, or the spicy sauce they put on top of some sushi.
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon because I love the flavor combinations.

*If you want to see step by step pictures and instructions for the Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce, just click the link.

•1 tablespoon cornstarch
•1/4 cup soy sauce
•1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
•1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
•1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
•2 tablespoons honey
•2 salmon filets
•Cooked rice, for serving
•Sesame seeds, for garnish
•Sliced green onions, for garnish

For the Sriracha cream sauce:
•1/2 cup mayonnaise
•2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
•1 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk

1. To make the Sriracha cream sauce, whisk together the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons Sriracha and condensed milk in a small bowl. Taste for spiciness and add more Sriracha as needed; set aside.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; set aside.

3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic powder, honey and 1 cup water; bring to a simmer.

4. Stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.

5. In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine the teriyaki marinade and salmon filets; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.

6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray.

7. Place the salmon filets along with the marinade onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes.

8. Serve the salmon immediately with rice and a drizzle of the Sriracha cream sauce, garnished with sesame seeds and green onions.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I used 4 pieces of Salmon and had doubled the Teriyaki sauce...I didn't think that I needed it doubled so next time I won't
~ For the sauce, I followed the recipe for all 4 pieces and it was MORE THEN plenty for me. I had way way way to much! I would probably cut that recipe in half even for 4 pieces. And I only used 2 TBSP of the Sriracha sauce and it had a good bite to me.
~I marinaded my salmon for 2 hours and it had soaked up a good amount of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...