Monday, September 19, 2011

Yummy Breadsticks


So I love me some breadsticks. I think most people know this about me. If there is any type of breadstick or roll offered with a meal... I will have at least a dozen or more.
Since I don't have a Kitchenaid (YET) or a Bosch (YET) I don't really enjoy making homemade dough for anything. But I figured since I was venturing out this Sunday and making homemade lasagna (which I might add was pretty good as well) that I would top off the experience with some breadsticks.
~ The Lasagna recipe came from Our Best Bites. Their recipes are so yummy and usually not to complicated to make!
I got this recipe from my sister, but later reazlied that my sister-in-law had actually emailed out this same recipe a year or so ago. So thanks to both of u!



Mix and let stand 5 minutes:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP yeast

then add:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Mix and let raise 10 minutes.
Roll out into a nice rectangle or square and top with whatever seasonings you would like your breadsticks to have:
~butter, garlic powder, kosher salt
~butter, parmessan cheese
~butter, cinnamon, brown sugar
~butter, butter, and butter :)
~butter, italian spices
WHATEVER~~

Then fold dough in half and cut into 1 inch strips.
Twist each one and place on a baking sheet. Let raise for 15-20 minutes.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
When you pull them out of the oven rub more butter and whatever seasonings you added before on top.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ You don't have to twist the breadsticks if you don't want to. It is kinda a pain but does look kinda neat when done
~ If making the cinnamon ones, make your favorite glaze to dip them in at the end. Easy version of cinnamon rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...