Saturday, July 17, 2010

Super Easy Enchiladas


Okay this is a recipe I totally made up on the spot one night and just started throwing stuff in. They are super easy and adds a little more flavor then your typical meat, onion, cheese, sauce enchiladas....if that made any sense at all. To cut back on the fat try using some ground turkey. Which is what I use mostly nowadays unless I am craving me some beef.


1 can red enchilada sauce (I use mild cuz Im a panzy)
1 small can of El Pato sauce
1 pound of ground hamburger (or ground turkey)
salt and pepper
1 small onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 TBSP cilantro
couple dashes of cumin
1 cup chedder cheese, shredded
1 cup jack cheese, shredded
1 can black olives, I use large olives and cut them in slices
Flour Tortilla Shells

1- Combine enchilada sauce and el pato sauce in a pot and heat through.
2- In another pan cook hamburger, onion, and garlic over medium heat. Season meat with salt and pepper. When cooked through drain out any grease in the pan and return meat to pan. Add cut up cilantro and cumin.
3- Pour enough sauce in the bottom of a glass baking dish to coat the bottom.
4- Heat tortilla shells to make for easier rolling. Dip shells in heated sauce in pot and set in glass dish. Spoon hamburger mixture into shells. Add as much cheese and olives as you feel. Roll up tortillas and continue until everthing is gone.
5- Pour remaining sauce over full dish and top with more cheese and leftover olives.
6- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and heated through.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Just an FYI I normally add a can of tomato sauce to this recipe but I had a can of el pato sauce so I tried that. The el pato gives the sauce a spicer zing (but really not to spicy) rather then dulling it down with plain tomato sauce.
~ Im sure this recipe could be tweaked many ways so I would welcome any suggestions :)
~ I also liked to serve mine with home made guacamole either on the side or I put some on top.

**Freezer Instructions**
~ When making these to go in the freezer follow all the steps up until step 5. If you pour the remaining sauce over the top the enchiladas tend to be more on the soggy side.
~ I like to save the sauce in a seperate container (labeled and next to enchiladas in the freezer) and add it along with cheese on top after it has thawed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...