Thursday, November 14, 2013

Honey Mustard Sesame Chicken

I have been on a recipe slump lately and haven't really been trying anything new, which isn't always a bad thing.
Anywho, here is a recent recipe that we tried out and really liked. I know, its chicken. Everything I post about is chicken. I can't help it if we like chicken a lot :)
This recipe is pretty simple and has great flavor. I always like when recipes have a dipping sauce because it allows me to control how much extra "zing" I want to go in each bite. I also really like the combination of almonds and sesame seeds in the coating of the chicken. They go REALLY well together!

I got this recipe out of a Rachel Ray magazine a while back.


1/2 cup yellow or dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
About 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 eggs
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup slivered, sliced or blanched whole almonds
1 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Vegetable oil, for frying


1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 275 degrees . Place a baking sheet in the oven.
2. In a bowl, combine the mustard, honey, chives and hot sauce. Separate out half of the sauce and reserve. 3. Beat the eggs into the remaining sauce. Coat the chicken tenders with the egg sauce and season with salt and pepper.
4. Using a food processor, grind the nuts. Combine with the panko and sesame seeds.
5. In a large skillet, heat a layer of oil over medium-high heat. Coat the tenders in the nut-breadcrumb mixture and fry, turning, in 2 batches until deep golden. Transfer to the hot baking sheet in the oven.
6. Serve the tenders with a drizzle of the remaining honey-mustard sauce, or divide the sauce into small bowls for dipping.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~I liked the sauce because it had a little different take on just your typical honey mustard sauce.
~ I personally used panko instead of breadcrumbs because I like my food REALLY crispy.
~ You could also bake these in the oven, just make sure you drizzle with olive oil or spray so that they can get nice and crispy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...