Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yummy Stuffed Burger with Onion Rings


So i had a lot of mushrooms in my fridge that needed to be used and one of my friends suggested mushroom burgers. YUMMY!!! The first thing I thought of was one of the burgers they have at Red Robin. So here is my thrown together version of their mushroom burger.
(I guess I should have cut my burger open so you could see how yummy it looked with the mushrooms all stuffed in there, but you can use your imagination!!)


1 pound ground beef
1/2 package baby portabella mushrooms
2 TBSP butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp. worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper (or your favorite burger seasonings)
2 slices provalone cheese
onion rings
your favorite barbeque sauce
2 hamburger buns

1. Chop up your mushrooms and saute with garlic and worchestershire sauce in the butter.
2. While mushrooms are cooking, form 4 patties out of your meat. Season with whatever seasonings you like (I used this really yummy spice blend I got for Christmas called Alpine Touch)
3. Once mushrooms are done, seperate onto TWO of the patties. Place 2nd patty on top of mushrooms and seal edges to make a "stuffed" burger.
4. Cook burger on grill until done.
5. Brown hamburger buns on the grill just a little bit as well (if you like)
6. Top burgers with provalone cheese and get all melty!
Assemble:
~Bun, burger, cheese, onion rings, bbq sauce, bun! EASY!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ The Red Robin version cooks the mushrooms in a horseradish sauce, but I didn't have any on hand so I made my own mixture of ingredients. I will definitly try using horseradish next time to saute with.
~ I made my onion rings from scratch, just a real simple batter of egg, flour, salt, water, and a little tapatio :) and fry till nice and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...