Friday, March 18, 2011

Strawberry Soup


In my bountiful baskets this week I had gotten a bin of strawberries and I was really looking forward to making this soup. Unfortunately, I won't get to experience it as soon as I had thought, because when I went to pull them out of my fridge they were all moldy. Slightly disappointed. But I will share the recipe anyway. This recipe actually came for the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. I served it at my wedding reception and it was a hit. Its such a refreshing dessert. Enjoy!



24 oz Fresh Strawberries
12 oz. Stawberry topping (as for ice cream)
24 oz. whipping cream
3 TBSP vanilla extract

Blend in food processor until smooth. Chill and serve
Makes about 6 cups.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I believe at my reception we used frozen strawberries and those worked just fine. It also helped with the fact that we didn't have a lot of time to chill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...