Monday, December 30, 2019

Spanish Rice

In this house we actually call this Orange rice because as you can see it is bright orange, but I will call is Spanish rice as this is what I make to go along with all of our Mexican themed meals. Is this true Spanish rice? No idea...but does it taste good...YES! So call it what you may, just make it.
I feel like when I make any kind of Mexican dish I need to have rice and beans with it. I don't know if that's just because it's been ingrained in me because every Mexican restaurant serves rice and beans with all of it's meals or because it's traditional to do so. Either way, I like the combination of it all together, so I always do it.
This recipe is super simple and doesn't require any prep-work other then putting everything in the pot and letting it do it's thing.
The two seasonings I use in this recipe I have been asked quite a few times what they are and where to buy them.
First, the Sazon Goya seasoning. I like to use either this one or this one. Either work just fine and taste pretty similar. As you can see one has chicken on it and one has fish on it. So I use one or the other depending on what I am serving it with. You can buy these through Amazon, or I am always able to find them at local Mexican markets.
The second seasoning is Knorr Tomato Bouillon. I use this in quite a few of my Mexican themed dishes. This can be purchased through Amazon or I often am able to find it in most grocery stores down the Mexican food isle next to the chicken bouillon.


2 cups water
1 TBSP butter
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 packet Sazon Goya Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. Knorr Tomato Bouillon
1 cup, white rice- I prefer to use basmati rice for everything

1. Using a medium sized pot, add water and butter. Turn temperature to hot and bring mixture to a boil.
2. When water is boiling, add salt, Sazon Goya Seasoning, Tomato Bouillon, and rice.
3. Turn temperature down to low, cover and allow rice to cook for 20 minutes. May take a little longer depending on your stove.
4. Remove rice from heat and fluff with a fork.


**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I have also made the rice by adding the rice first to the heated pot and allowing it to cook while stirring to get a little brown on it. Then add the water, butter, and seasonings, bring it to a boil, cover, turn temperature down, and cook. This method is also great and develops a little more flavor into the individual rice kernels. Both methods are fantastic and go great as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...