Thursday, July 25, 2019

Korean Beef

I found this recipe one day when I was searching for a REALLY fast dinner idea that would use things that I would have on hand because honestly lately I have been despising going to the grocery store! I'm sure I'm not the only person who HATES going anywhere in the summer, so if this is also the case for you, then this is your recipe. This recipe is jam packed with flavor and is done from start to finish in less than 30 minutes, so that's my kind of meal. I like to serve this beef on top of hot rice and broccoli.
1 lb ground beef * check notes
1 TBSP Sesame Oil
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce * check notes
1/4 tsp. ground ginger or 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
green onions diced
sesame seeds
rice, cooked (optional)
steamed broccoli (optional)

1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame oil to pan, followed by garlic and ground beef.
2. While ground beef is cooking, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
3. When ground beef is cooked through, drain off most of the fat and add the soy sauce mixture.
3. Simmer for a few minutes to combine all the flavors.
4. Serve over cooked rice and or broccoli and top with sesame seeds and diced green onion.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Ground turkey or chicken would also work great in this recipe.
~ If you are looking for a good GF (gluten free) alternative to the soy sauce, I love using coconut aminos.
~ This could also make a great freezer meal. Double your batch and store half of it in an air tight container in the freezer. When ready to use simply thaw and re-warm.
~ For the brown sugar, I don't pack this down super hard. If you like it a bit more sweet I go up to 1/2 cup.

I have seen a variation of this recipe on pretty much every food blog site I go to but this recipe was found on a blog that I have posted about a couple of time called Six Sisters Stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...