Monday, July 29, 2019

Cheesy Bacon & Ranch Potatoes

I'm pretty sure the title of this recipe says enough, but if it doesn't then let me tell you that this recipe is to die for! Cheese. Bacon. Ranch. Potatoes. Uhhhhh I'm literally salivating as I type this and making a mental note that I need to make this again ASAP! We have been doing a lot of grilled food at our house lately. I like it when I can keep the heat out of the kitchen by turning on the grill and cooking not only my main dish, but also my sides. This side pairs so well with any type of grilled meat or let's be real, I ate these alone as an entire meal because...why not?!

This also makes a great dish that you can have in the cooler months as well because it can also be cooked in the oven.


1 1/2 lbs (roughly 4-5 small to medium) potatoes, I used Russet
1/3 cup Ranch Dressing
4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped finely
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
non-stick cooking spray for greasing

1. Preheat your grill to 350°F (medium-high heat).
2. Prepare your foil by ripping off enough to be able to cover all of your potatoes. You may need to have two separate pieces and roll them together. Spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray to help make sure your potatoes don't get stuck to it. Prepare your foil.
3. Scrub potatoes to remove any dirt and slice thin. I like to use a mandolin for this part to ensure that all of my pieces are the same size.
4. Add potatoes to a mixing bowl and add ranch dressing, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
5. Layer 1/3 of the potatoes on the foil and top with 1/3 of the cheese. Do another layer of potatoes followed by another layer of cheese, and finally one last layer of potatoes and cheese.
6. Top with bacon, and parsley.
7. With heat on medium to medium high, grill for about 15 minutes. Flip over and grill for another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ This recipe can also be done in the oven. Simply heat your oven to 350°F and add your foil packet. You will cook for roughly 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of your potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...