Friday, June 21, 2019

Roasted Chickpea "Croutons"

I know what you are thinking. There is no way that chickpeas can replace the heavenly crouton that usually tops my salad. Trust me. I get it. I was a bit skeptical as well. Anybody who knows me knows that I love bread. All things bread are my downfall, but I am here to say that although these Roasted Chickpeas are not exactly like a crouton, they do satisfy my need for something crunchy and delicious on top of my salads. I recently paired them up with an Anti-Inflammatory Caesar Salad and it was pretty amazing.
So if you are looking for a gluten free alternative, give these a try.
*To be honest, I have actually just sat down and eaten these as a snack as well, not just as a salad topper*



1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas
1/2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic powder (heaping)
1/4 tsp onion powder (heaping)
1/4 tsp sea salt (heaping)

1. Preheat your oven to 400° F.

2. Drain the chickpeas and dry them slightly with a clean dish cloth or paper towel so that as much moisture is removed as possible.

3. Add chickpeas to a lined or sprayed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the seasonings.

4. Toss together with your hands until all chickpeas are evenly coated

5. Bake for 20 minutes. Take chickpeas out of the oven and shake the pan, ensure that every chickpea gets moved around. Then bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. **If you are going to use these more as a snack rather than a crunchy crouton I would do 15 minutes and shake and then another 15**

6. Remove chickpeas from oven.

7. Use the Anti-Inflammatory Caesar Salad dressing and chickpeas to top your favorite lettuce blend for the perfect salad, or just eat as a snack!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~The great thing about this recipe is that all seasonings can be adjusted to your own tastes. Play around with the seasonings and find your favorite combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...