Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Anti-Inflammatory Caesar Salad

Who would have thought that the words anti-inflammatory and Caesar dressing would be in the same sentence.  Every time I go to a restaurant, I order a Caesar salad. There is just something magical about that dressing that gets me salivating.
Now I am not about to claim that this recipe for the dressing tastes exactly like a Caesar dressing, but it is pretty darn close, especially for having not really ANY of the same ingredients. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted, especially for how easy it was to make. I topped my salad with some crunchy oven roasted chickpeas, to replace the croutons, and some sliced grilled chicken.


1/2 cup raw cashews
2 cloves garlic
2 TBSP lemon juice (I prefer fresh)
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. capers, drained
1/2 cup water
Freshly ground black pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until creamy, adjusting seasonings as needed.

2. Place on top of your favorite lettuce blend.

3. Can add some roasted chickpea croutons for some crunch as well. (Recipe to come tomorrow)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I like to squeeze a little bit of lemon on the top of my salads just to add one more layer of freshness.
~ I know some of you may miss the idea of having some fresh Parmesan cheese on there, so if this is the case you can try making this Vegan version of Parmesan cheese. (I have not tested this myself but have seen it multiple times on Pinterest)
1 cup raw cashews
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until crumbly.

This recipe came from my favorite blogger Skinnytaste. She is an incredible cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...