Friday, October 18, 2019

"Everything" Bagel Baked Chicken

Have you tried the Everything Bagel Seasoning yet?! This stuff is AMAZING! I literally put it on almost everything I make now. Okay, maybe not everything but when I am looking for a simple way to jazz up any kind of meat or veggie I pull out this stuff and sprinkle away! It used to be that you could only find this stuff at Trader Joes, but I have recently been able to find variations of it at Walmart and Costco as well.
Okay now that you know what seasoning I'm actually talking about, let's talk chicken. This chicken is beyond delicious, and probably one of the easiest recipes you can possibly make. It's juicy, full of flavor, and again, incredibly easy. Now this picture does not do this chicken justice, so just trust me when I say that it's delicious. At first I had a hard time getting my kids to try this because they couldn't get past the "little black stuff" all over it, but once I got them to try a bite (possibly forced) 🤷, they shoveled the rest down easily.

3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (roughly measured)
1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an oven safe dish by spraying it with cooking spray to prevent any sticking.
2. Begin by prepping the chicken. You will want to trim off any excess fat and pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer  until they are mostly even all the way around.
3. Place chicken into the oven safe dish and drizzle with olive oil. Using your hands or a brush, rub the oil all over the chicken.
4. Sprinkle approximately 1 tablespoon of the seasoning blend evenly on top of each chicken breast. Gently pat the chicken to ensure that the seasoning sticks to the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake for roughly 30 minutes or until cooked through. You can double check this by using a meat thermometer and seeing if the internal temperature has reached 165 F.
6. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and tent the dish with aluminum foil. Allow to rest this way for 5-10 minutes so that when you cut into the chicken the juices will stay in it rather than run all over the place.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I have found that when I pound out my chicken that placing the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap works the best. It helps the chicken not shred when being hit with the meat tenderizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...