Friday, September 27, 2019

Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Whenever I used to ask my husband what he wanted for a "special breakfast" he would always respond by saying, "Oh what about those muffins my mom used to make with that yummy cinnamon sugar stuff on top". My husband absolutely loves this recipe. I don't know if it is because these muffins are so yummy or if it's because it's a recipe his mom used to make. Regardless, these muffins are so easy and darn tasty.
I remember the first time my mother in-law made these for me. I knew I had to have the recipe right away. Since then, I have been making these quite frequently and these have now become one of my children's favorite muffins as well.


1/3 cup soft shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and line muffin tins or spray to prevent sticking.
2. Combine shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and egg in a medium sized mixing bowl. (I generally do this with a hand mixer)
3. In another mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg).
4. Having the shortening mixture in front of you, add in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and mixing after each addition.
5. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes
7. While the muffins are cooking, get the topping ready by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and melting the butter in a separate bowl.
8. When muffins are done, remove from tin and roll each top in melted butter and then into the cinnamon, sugar mixture.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ This recipe will have a little bit of the cinnamon, sugar mixture leftover, which I usually just store for later to use on top of toast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...