Monday, July 24, 2017

Ranch Chicken and Veggies

I am all for easy meals. This recipe is beyond yummy and has all your side dishes cooked along with the meat on one pan. You can't get much easier then that. Lately I have been loving the "one pan" and "one pot" meals. Less dishes to wash after, and you get your sides and main dish knocked out at once. With little kids it can be hard to spend 30-60 minutes in the kitchen working on everything so the faster I can get everything done, the happier we all are.
This recipe comes from one of my favorite sites. I have never had a recipe that I didn't like.

8 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
16 ounces baby peeled carrots
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (1-ounce) package Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
3 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
3. Using your fingers, work the brown sugar, about 1 teaspoon per thigh, onto both sides of the chicken.
4. Place chicken, potatoes and carrots in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Ranch Seasoning and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.* Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until caramelized and slightly charred.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I don't really have anything to add or take away from this recipe. I follow this one pretty closely.


1 comment:

  1. This recipe is making me salivate. Yumm! Thank you for it, I have eid after a week and maybe I could try this, but instead of chicken, I will be going with beef or meat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...