Friday, May 6, 2016

Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower

Since being on a blogging hiatus for... a long time :) I decided it was time to jump back on the bandwagon again. I have lots of new recipes that I have tried and loved. This recipe here has been one that I have made over and over again.
Usually I'm not a huge cauliflower fan but roasting it does amazing things to it and honestly the turmeric seasoning and other spices make this recipe a keeper in my book.
I'm always looking for new ways to cook vegetables. Side dishes in my house get pretty boring and I feel like I get in this cycle of "okay to I roast it, steam it, or just boil it to tar tonight?"
I'm so glad that I have a side dish now that has amazing flavors, is healthy, and looks beautiful in color!

This recipe is from a cookbook that I received for Christmas this year. It's from a blogger that I absolutely LOVE and if you follow my blog at all know that I follow this lady like crazy because I have never had a bad recipe from her site! The site is called SkinnyTaste. This recipe however is not on her blog it is only in her cookbook.
The cookbook has a lot of recipes from her blog on it, but she also has included quite a few that aren't on it, which I appreciate. If you like this recipe or have liked any of her other recipes I highly encourage the purchase of her cookbook!

6 heaping cups of cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 TBSP cilantro, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Cut the cauliflower into 1 inch pieces and combine with the garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl coming the turmeric, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt. Sprinkle over the cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread the cauliflower out on a large rimmed baking sheet.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, until browned on the edges and tender, 23-27 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the cilantro (if using), and serve hot.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~I don't like to dirty a lot of dishes so I personally just put the cauliflower and garlic directly on the pan and tossed it with the olive oil. Once coated I do the same with the spices. Never had any issues.
~ I personally slice my garlic into slices so that it gets nice and crispy and mixes in better with the cauliflower.
~ I will mention that when roasting vegetables you do want to pull them out before they are super mushy. Vegetables cooked to the point of being able to be squished with a fork have lost a lot of flavor and usually tend to be more oily. I like to cook mine just on the side of barely being cooked and still have a tiny bit of crunch. It will also cook just a little bit longer once pulled out so something that may have come out of the oven just how you like it, may be mushy by the time you get it to your table. (Just some thoughts)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...