Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One Pot Pasta

I know its been a while since I have posted anything. I've been in a bit of a cooking rut and just been making the same old meals instead of trying a few new ones every week. Well last night I tried one of the One Pot Pasta recipes that I found and it was great. I have tried a couple of them now and the first one I thought was nasty (it reminded me way to much of a tuna noodle casserole that I ate as a child) but this one had great flavors.
The thing I have decided that I really like about this other then the good flavor is that it is incredibly simple and doesn't dirty hardly any dishes. You literally throw everything in the pot and let it cook together and bam its all done.



This is probably the 3rd of 4th recipe that I have tried from this same site. She has some really great ideas and I like that she uses fresh ingredients. If you would like to see more pictures of this recipe check her out here!


1 pound spaghetti (or gluten free spaghetti)
1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 cups halved grape tomatoes
2 cups basil leaves
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup grated Parmesan

1. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I didn't strain anything out of my recipe (from her pictures it looks like she takes out the basil and garlic) so I would cut everything up exactly how you would like to eat them. So if big slices of onion don't appeal to you maybe slice them up a bit. Same goes for the garlic and basil.
~ I did end up using dried basil as I cooked the noodles and then added fresh basil when it was done.
~ I actually really liked the andouille sausage in it, I didn't feel it was to spicy but if it isn't something your into you could replace it with Italian Sausage or a good smoked sausage.
~ For gluten free just make sure your using some other form of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...