Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken and Pepper Pasta

Good morning beautiful people. It has been a while since I have posted anything new on here. I have had a few recipes that I have wanted to share but busy life has gotten in the way the past couple of weeks with church callings and with being sick. Anywho, enough about me, lets get to the recipe. This recipe came right off one of pasta boxes from the store and usually I don't like to try that kind of stuff because they use lots of processed foods but this one actually sounded really good to me at the time.
This was incredibly fast to put together and tasted great. I liked that the "sauce" was not some thick alfredo sauce, its just a light chicken stock. I found this dish very refreshing. This dish was also on my table from start to finish in less then 20 minutes so you can definitely have this on a weeknight even if you are busy!


13.25 ounces Whole Grain Penne (could use any pasta, gluten free, etc.)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup sweet onions, diced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 oz fresh basil chopped
1 cup chicken, grilled and sliced into strips
1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

(If your chicken is not grilled already I would turn your grill on and get it cooked while your water is heating up for the pasta)
1. Cook the penne according to package.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat; add onions and garlic; cook until onions are transparent.
3. Add basil, chicken, and red peppers.
4. Cook 2 more minutes
5. Add chicken broth and let simmer for about a minute. Then add cooked penne to skillet and toss together until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ So when I read this recipe for some reason I thought it called for sundried tomatoes instead of the roasted red peppers so I ended up using those instead because that is what I had. Fortunately it tasted fantastic so it is a good alternative.
~ To make gluten free, use your favorite gluten free noodle.
~ To make dairy free, sub in your favorite dairy free cheese or just leave it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...