Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fantastic Waffles

Lately my mornings have been starting off with a waffle. Every morning I ask my little girl what she would like for breakfast and for the past 2 weeks its been waffles.
Usually my husband is in charge of making waffles on Saturday mornings but we went through those ones pretty fast a few weeks ago so when she asked for some on Monday I grabbed my trusty Better Homes and Garden book and made waffles. I don't know if just made them wrong or what but I did not like them anymore. (Even though that is the recipe we have used for years).
So I quickly ran to my trusty pinterest and found this yummy recipe from food.com.
Its great. Probably because its loaded with butter but oh baby its good. The thing I really like about these waffles is that you whip the egg whites and fold them into the batter which makes the waffles so light. You won't regret trying this recipe out! Especially with some good homemade syrup...mmm..yummy yummy! ENJOY!



1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
3. Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
4. Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
5. Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ So I have made these a few times now and once I didn't have any sugar (weird right?) and so I used powdered sugar. It worked okay as a substitute but it definitely wasn't quite as sweet.
~ I love to make these. With the leftovers I like to put wax paper between them and store in the freezer in a freezer bag. Then just pull them out when needed and pop in the toaster oven and they crisp right back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...