Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Russian Tea Cakes

This is a new recipe that has been added to my Christmas goodie must haves this year. I had never had one of these types of cookies before until I went to my sisters house last year for Christmas. Pretty sure I ended up eating more then half of the batch that they had made. I was addicted to these and couldn't wait to get the recipe so that I could make some this year.
Well I just bought the ingredients yesterday and can't wait to make these little delights tomorrow!!
The cookies are filled with pecans, rolled to perfection, and dusted heavily with powdered sugar!




1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
powdered sugar for rolling

Heat oven to 400.
1. Combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract.
2. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
4. Stir in pecans.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
6. Place balls 2 inches apart and bake 10-12 minutes.
7. Immediately roll cookies in powdered sugar.
8. Let them cool completely and then re-roll the cookies in more powdered sugar.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Just make sure you are careful when handling these cookies right out of the oven! They will be hot! But rolling them right after you pull them out is a very necessary step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...