Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Russian Tea Cakes
Well I just bought the ingredients yesterday and can't wait to make these little delights tomorrow!!
The cookies are filled with pecans, rolled to perfection, and dusted heavily with powdered sugar!
1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. finely chopped pecans
powdered sugar for rolling
Heat oven to 400.
1. Combine butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and almond extract.
2. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add flour and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
4. Stir in pecans.
5. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
6. Place balls 2 inches apart and bake 10-12 minutes.
7. Immediately roll cookies in powdered sugar.
8. Let them cool completely and then re-roll the cookies in more powdered sugar.
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Just make sure you are careful when handling these cookies right out of the oven! They will be hot! But rolling them right after you pull them out is a very necessary step.