Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries

Since yesterday was healthy lets go with extremely unhealthy today :)
This is my Ode to The Hat. This is one place that I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss about
living in California. This is probably one of the most unhealthy things you can possibly eat, but it is absolutely one of the best things you will ever eat. They are famous for their ginormous Pastrami sandwiches, which are also amazingly fantastic and consist of pastrami, pickles, and mustard. This is what most people order. After going there with a "Hat Pro" we ordered the (not on the menu) Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries. Oh my goodness. Since I know most of you aren't from California and can't visit The Hat, I have created the same recipe that I use at home. Granted it isn't exactly like The Hat, because their pastrami is out of this world (and I don't even like pastrami) but its a great homemade alternative.

fries
chili (homemade or canned)
pastrami
cheese (For GF, make sure you shred your own cheese. Most shredded cheeses contain gluten to keep it from sticking together)

mustard
pickles

1. Preheat the oven and bake fries according to the frozen package. I would recommend using a thicker crinkle cut fry.
2. While fries are baking, heat up your chili on the stop, or microwave. Again homemade would be fantastic if you have a favorite, or just canned works fine since its covered up by other ingredients.
3. If using pastrami (at least give it a try once) I would recommend getting the best you can find sliced very thin like sandwich meat. Then I would take that pastrami and slice it into small 1 inch by 2 inch pieces. Throw the pastrami in a pan with a small amount of oil or butter (or if you have bacon grease use this!). This heats the pastrami up while giving it a little crispiness.
4. When fries are done, load those babies up.
~Fries,cheese,chili,cheese,pastrami,mustard, and pickles!~

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I don't really have anything to say other then good luck not making a mess while you eat!
~ I personally smother mine in mustard and pickles, but my hubby doesn't. He will occasionally have a bite with it but I like mustard and pickle in every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...