Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Green Bean Chicken

Yesterday I was looking in my fridge trying to think of something to have for lunch. We had a NOTHING but ridiculous sizes of leftovers, and nothing sounded good at all. So I decided to jump online for a bit and see if I could find something that sounded good and what do you know, an ad for Panda Express came up and BAM...it hit me....ohhhhhhhhhh I want their Green Bean Chicken!!! I knew I had everything I would need pretty much already as leftovers in the fridge. I had a really small amount of leftover cubed chicken from a previous meal, some leftover quinoa, and I even happened to have some onion and a bit of teriyaki sauce in the fridge. I had just recently bought this ginormous bag of frozen organic green beans at Costco which taste just like fresh ones (I highly recommend buying them!). So here is what I made for lunch! Simple, cheap, and quick!




1/2 cup cubed chicken (I used leftovers but you could use fresh)
1-2 slices of onion, quartered
2 big handfuls of green beans (I used frozen)
1/4 tsp. sesame oil
2 TBSP teriyaki sauce (For GF, be sure to check the brand you use or make your own)
toasted sesame seeds
quinoa or rice

Basically I threw the onion in a wok with a little olive oil and let cook for a minute. Then I added the chicken to heat for a minute. In the meantime I steamed the green beans, but left them a little crunchy. Add the green beans, sesame oil, and teriyaki sauce. The sauce will pretty much caramelize onto everything pretty fast since the pan is nice and hot. Serve over rice or quinoa (I had quinoa and it was FANTASTIC) and sprinkle with sesame seeds!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I think peppers would be fabulous in this, I may do that next time, although I really do enjoy me some green bean chicken!
~ This recipe was just enough for me and Olivia to eat, so if you are preparing it for more then basically yourself, you will want to double it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...