Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sweet Coleslaw


On Sunday I decided to try 4 new recipes and I'll tell you what...I LOVED all four new recipes...so I am going to share them with whoever actually reads these. This coleslaw is fan freakin tastic!
This is a sweet coleslaw which I personally like a lot better then those hard core coleslaws you buy at the store.
I have made this recipe many many times now and love it just as much as I did the first time. This is a great side dish that takes very little time to pull together (as long as you let it sit in the fridge) and goes with just about everything!



1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
2 tablespoons diced onion
2/3 cup creamy salad dressing (I used Mayo)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds

1.Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
2.Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ So I followed this recipe to a T and it came out perfect. It does get really liquidy after it sits for a long time...but that is just what happens when you have certain ingredients that react with each other.
~ I did allow mine to sit overnight. I don't think its necessary but I would say 2 hours at the MINIMUM. Otherwise you will get kind of a raw sugar taste thats kind of gritty. So make sure you let it sit to get the sugar to dissolve.
~ I served this with some BBQ chicken sandwhiches. It was Excellent on the sandwhich and also very good on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...