Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bacon Ranch Chicken


When you don't have a lot of time to spend at night cooking, crockpot meals are the way to go. I made this recipe right after I had my child during those two weeks of fun fun and this stuff hit the spot. There is nothing like a hot bowl of pasta and yummy chicken sauce to make a person feel so much happier!



4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 TBSP bacon bits
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles

1- Combine bacon, garlic, ranch dressing mix, soup, and sour cream. Mix well.
2- Put chicken in crock pot.
3- Pout mixture over the chicken.
4- Cook on high 3-4 hours, shred the chicken, and put back in the crock pot.
5- Cook egg noodles according to package and combine with chicken.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I decided to use real bacon instead of the bacon bits. I cooked up about 4 slices of bacon, crumbled it up, and added most of it to the crock pot to cook in with the chicken. Just before serving I added the remaining bacon to give it a little crunch.
~ You could also cook this on low for all day...u know...the longer it cooks the more tender it is. You could also put the chicken breasts in frozen, just make sure you cook it on low for all day if you do this.
~ This would be good with any type of noodle, gluten free if needed...or over rice...or over a baked potato...or alone.
~ I had some leftover Italian Cheese blend in my fridge so I added some of that to it and it was REALLY good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...