Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Honey-Hoisin Chicken with Rice


I came across this recipe in a Parents magazine. I must say, I have never cooked chicken this way before so I was kind of interested to see how it would turn out. I thought for sure that the marinade would just run off the chicken as soon as it hit the oil but it actually stayed on and flavored the oil a little bit as well.



3 TBSP hoisin sauce
1 TBSP honey
1 TBSP freshly squeezed lime juice
2 TBSP canola oil, divided
1 pound chicken breast cutlets
3 cups cooked brown rice

1- In a small bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, honey, lime juice, and 1 TBSP oil.
2- Remove 1/4 cup of the glaze to another small bowl; set aside. Lightly brush both sides of chicken cutlets with the remaining hoisin mixture.
3- Heat the remaining 1 TBSP oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken cutlets in the pan in a single layer so the pieces don't touch.
4- Cook the cutlets for 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
5- Slice the chicken cutlets and serve over rice; drizzle with reserved hoisin mixture.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I didn't end up pounding my chicken breasts out into cutlets so I ended up needing to cook mine for a little bit longer on each side. In doing so, I ended up getting some of the marinade to stick to the chicken a little "darker" then it probably would have, but it didn't have a burned flavor at all.
~ Make sure you save some of the sauce for on the side before you contaminate it with the raw chicken. Personally for me that is what made the dish taste more like something you would get at Panda Express or some Asian place.
~ For gluten free please make sure that you are double checking the ingredients on the brand of hoisin sauce you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...