Monday, September 19, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Muffins


This is a recipe that I got from my mother-in-law (who I must add is one of the most amazing cooks)
Sam would tell me about these muffins his mom would make ALL the time so I finally got around to getting the recipe from her a few years ago and....YUM! We have these all the time now and you know what...I don't get sick of them at all!



1/3 cup soft shortening (part butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg

1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/3 cup butter, melted
Mix:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and egg.
2. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
3. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350.
5. Roll tops in melted butter then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I usually half the cinnamon/sugar mixture that goes on the top. It always seemed to have a lot leftover, although you could use any leftovers for putting on the inside when you cut them open, or just save it for toast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...