Thursday, April 7, 2011

Polynesian Chicken


So right before I got married I grabbed my mom's recipe box and started copying recipes out of it that I liked. This recipe happened to be one of those recipes. Im usually not a huge sweet and sour person but I really like this recipe.



2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (4-5)
garlic salt
2 eggs
cornstarch
oil

Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup pineapple juice
3 TBSP ketchup
1/4 tsp. salt
1 TBSP soy sauce (For GF, double check your brand)

1. Rub chicken breasts in garlic salt, dip in egg, dip in cornstarch, and brown in oil. Your not cooking the chicken through, just creating a nice crust on it.
2. Combine all ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
3. Transfer chicken to a baking dish and pour sauce over the top.
4. Do not cover. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Unless you REALLY like the taste of garlic salt I would suggest not rubbing it all over the chicken. I normally just sprinkle a little bit on each side.
~ I usually end up using pineapple juice from a can of pineapple chunks so I like to spoon a few of those over the top of the chicken.
~ For gluten free, please make sure you double check your soy sauce. Some brands to add it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...