Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Creamy Cilantro Dressing


I can't believe that in my many rantings and ravings about me missing and loving my precious El Pollo Loco that I forgot to post the very very delicious recipe I found online for their creamy cilantro dressing. I'll tell you what...I could order their little itty bitty Loco Salads every single day (I feel like I'm repeating myself from a previous post?)and never EVER get tired of it. Anyway, this recipe isn't EXACT, its just one of those copycat recipes but its pretty close.
If anybody does happen to have the EXACT recipe they use and want to share it with me....I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!



1 cup mayo
1/3 cup milk
4 tsp. finely minced cilantro
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. cumin

Blend everything together, cover and chill.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ So I've made this a few times and couldn't figure out what I could do to make it taste EXACTLY like theirs and then I realized HELLO....theres a little bit of Cojita Cheese crumbles in with the dressing!!
~ To make it like the Loco Salad, simply take a regular old salad mix, add a tiny bit of cilantro on top, shredded tortilla chips, extra cojita cheese, and of course the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...