Friday, March 18, 2011

Roasted Chicken Au Jus


I really enjoy trying out the recipes that are on the back of soup cans or soup mixes. So far I don't think I have come across one that I didn't like. I know I have a few from Cambells soup on here so I thought I should share a little Lipton as well :)



1 envelope LIPTON® Onion Soup Mix*
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup hot water


1. Preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, combine soup mix and oil; add chicken and toss until evenly coated.
2. In bottom of broiler pan without rack, arrange chicken. Roast chicken, basting occasionally, 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
3. Remove chicken to serving platter. Add hot water to pan and stir, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Serve sauce over chicken.

Slow Cooker Method Rub chicken pieces with soup mix combined with oil. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 6 to 8 hours. Serve as above.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I personally, like to remove all the skin from the chicken before cooking. I know some people would gasp at this "but it gives it so much flavor", but to me i would rather get the flavor onto the chicken itself rather then flavoring just the skin. And its less fattening which is almost always a plus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...