Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken Merango


I decided to break out some of my older recipes that I haven't made in a while. Some of the classic recipes that my mom would make for me. This was one of those recipes that we would have as a go-to meal because we would normally have all these ingredients on hand. I've really been enjoying making some of these "my mamma used to make me" meals.



4-6 Chicken breasts
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cans of milk
1/2 onion, sliced
1/3 tsp. garlic powder

Brown chicken breasts in a skillet to keep the juices in the chicken while cooking. Remember your just browning the chicken your not cooking it through. Transfer chicken to a casserole dish. top with sliced onion rings. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.
Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.

This would also be a good dish that you could make in a crockpot. Just put everything in and let it sit at least 4 hours.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I like to serve this over rice or over a baked potato. It just adds that extra yum and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...