Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Buttermilk Syrup


Okay so here is the recipe, as promised previously in the pancake recipe, for the buttermilk syrup. I had this recipe at my sisters house and it was seriously the most amazing syrup I have ever had...pretty close to huckleberry syrup in my book. Im glad she let me share it with all of you.



1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 TBSP white Karo syrup
1 cup buttermilk
-----------------------
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

1- Melt butter in medium sized saucepan. Add remaning ingredients, until line, one at a time and stir at low heat. Boil 1 minute or so at low heat.
2- Add baking soda and let it medium boil for 5 minutes
3- Turn off and remove from heat and add vanilla

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ For some reason every time I have made this it has turned out pretty runny, which is okay but my sister said once that she got it to be thicker and it was really good and neither one of us has figured out how she did it. So if anybody figures out how to thicken it up a bit without ruining the taste...do share :)
~ I really enjoy this syrup with the buttermilk pancake recipe that i posted previously.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that after you put in the baking soda and vanilla you shouldn't cook it more. Take it off the heat. The baking soda thickens it and boiling it, thins it down. At least this is what I have observed anytime I have used baking soda in this way. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...