Sunday, June 20, 2010

Italian Beef Stir-Fry


I got this recipe from my other sister who is also a great cook. :) This is my "go to" meal that we have ALL the time! If your on a budget this is a great meal to make because you can limit how much meat goes into the dish. Cutting the meat thinner makes it appear to have more in it (nice trick right?!) This would be good with any assortment of vegetables in it I think. I know the picture doesn't look that good but you know what they say, don't judge a book by its cover...this is one of those times...and pretty much any other recipes that I have taken the pictures for :)



1 pound beef round tip steaks (thin)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 TBSP olive oil
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomato halves
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
2 cups hot cooked spaghetti
1 TBSP grated parmessan cheese

Cut steaks in half and thinly slice into long stips. Cook and stir garlic in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Add beef and fry 1- 1 1/2 minutes or until outside of surface is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Remove steak with slotted spoon and keep warm. Add zucchini to same skillet; fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return beef to skillet with tomato halves and dressing, heat through. Serve beef mixture over hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~First of all I don't measure anything I put in this. I normally do about 3-4 steaks, 2 zucchini, almost a whole box of pasta (I always use whole grain penne), and I just pour as much dressing on as i feel like.
~Ive never actually put the tomato halves in because Sam and I both hate them.
~This is my favorite meal because you can serve it hot or cold. I love it both ways, and it saves really well in the fridge.
~ You could use your favorite gluten free pasta and or your favorite dairy free cheese in this recipe to fit your needs of course. I really like the quinoa pasta. Also just double check the ingredients in the type of Italian salad dressing. Some brands for some reason do add some gluten in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...